Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Week 4


Hello everyone!
For lack of time, thanks for the e-mail, it's great to hear that everyone's doing well, and that's great that Akaya got married! Tell her "Kekkon shiki wa, omedeto!" And I did get the package last week, thanks much! It feels like I've been here for more than however long I've been here, but a lot has been going on, and life has just been flying. My Korean improves greatly, I speak English terribly and with a slight Asian accent, and I seem to get better at Spanish and Japanese faster than anything else here ;) It's so fun to talk to missionaries from all over the world and are going to the far ends of the world as well. I've met some going to Armenia, all over Africa, Russia, Norway, Finland, Brazil, Japan, Taiwan, Thailand, Argentina, and countless other countries. I've also met some that are heading to San Jose, Sacramento, Orlando, New York, Anaheim, and many other places familiar to us. Everyone here is very easy to get along with, and since they put many missionaries going to Asia in the same classroom buildings, I've gotten to know many Elders and Sisters going to and coming from Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, China, and Korea. Right now we learn by studying grammatical principles in class for about 7 hours, spend maybe an hour teaching our teachers who pretend to be "investigators", and a few hours on our own studying the Gospel and the language. It is very much a lesson-to-lesson experience; no appointment yields the same results, or is as easy AND hard as the one before. I ran into Jared Johnson a few times since I've been here, he's doing well. I also ran into Elder Kirkeiner, who is one of the teachers for the high school I volunteered for winter percussion. Soon our district and zone leadership will be changing, so I'll keep you all updated on that. Just like church callings, we don't ask for them, they are offered to us.  Other than that, not much is different, just studying and studying and eating and studying and playing volleyball and more studying. I greatly appreciate the emails, the letters, and the Dear Elders :] Stay busy, it keeps your mind of those things that aren't necessary at the moment, and keep each other strong, and let each other know that you all love each other often! I'll send home a written letter that you should get Friday/Saturday.
Love,
Elder Christopher Ichiro Honda
Hey Everyone! Please write to Christopher!! He would absolutely love it!!!
 You can use snail mail ( which would be delivered to him every Tuesday) to:
 Elder Christopher I Honda
Provo Missionary Training Center
2005 N 900 E
Provo, UT 84604
 or 
send him a letter that he will get the next day thru an email service at DearElder.com It is free and that means he will get more letters throughput the week :)
 Just go to the website and go to the MTC-Provom write a letter then in the next window put in his info, Busan South Korea, leaves about July 30th 2012, Box #220 and it will give you a box to write a letter in. I use this one the most ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment