Tuesday, December 25, 2012

December


Hi Mom :) So today was transfer day, and there's not a lot of time for me to type, but I'll do my best. Got a new companion, he's also Korean (4 for 4), but I already like him a lot, he's very kind and loves the work. His name is Yoon Bo Sup from Seoul. . The mission life is going by too fast. I love it, I hate it some days, but I always end up loving it. I can't tell you or anyone else how I have changed, neither can anyone fully know or understand, but it is in a good way. You'll understand when I come back. Our theme for this transfer is called the Character of Christ, I would challenge you to study it, I'll help you as I learn. I got the Thanksgiving package I think on Thursday, I really appreciate it :) and for preparing them, I really am grateful. I'm losing my ability to communicate in English, so just know that I am grateful. Anyways, I'll leave you with a thought. The missionaries that are leaving testify for their last time on each transfer day, and it's just as uplifting as going to conference, because we truly are apostolic. Almost every missionary, even our senior couple, said that now they are going home, they feel prepared to start the work. I feel the same, I'll be ready when it's time to come, but as soon as I can't be a missionary here, I don't want to be here. I've come to love the people here as children of God, and I don't think it would be right for me to be here if I couldn't teach them, so when it's time to go home, I want to go home, and start the work that I already know is ahead of me. I know what it is, I know that it's God's will because it's what I'm teaching to our members right now, and it's the next step in the plan; yes, it will be hard, trying, among other adjectives, but nothing that was ever worth it was easy. Plus, I served a mission, I can do whatever I need to. God didn't make anyone to fail, nor to do what they wanted to do, but to do His will as they understand it, and to glorify them in Him, for we are made in His image. Please say hi to President Weston for me, tell him I love him too, thanks for the email, and that (of course) I am striving to be perfectly obedient every day. :) And I got an email from Alex, he said he's doing drum major auditions. I think it will be really good for him, I'll write to him and try to teach him the best I can,  Love you lots, keep striving!
Love,
Elder Honda
3 Nephi 5:13 (I have this memorized English and Korean, 

No comments:

Post a Comment